Paddy graduated from St Joseph's College – Gregory Terrace in 2019, and during his senior year, played AFL, Rugby and Cross Country.
Academically, Paddy found a passion for Accounting during his last two years of high school, and decided to continue his studies at the University of Queensland, where he is currently studying a Bachelor of Advanced Business, majoring in Accounting and Business Analytics.
Being a new member of the Harriss team, Paddy has been able to gain a deep understanding of the fundamentals.
In his short time with the team, Paddy has developed a wide range of skills including:
- Importance to understand the commerciality of the client to apply his technical knowledge
- Proficiency in accounting software used by businesses every day (Xero, Sage, MYOB, Quickbooks)
- Preparation of compliance such as Business Activity Statements, Instalment Activity Statements, Financial Statements and Income Tax Returns
- An understanding of the importance of team-work and communication with clients and fellow team members to ensure the client gets the highest level of service
- Corporate Secretarial duties, including but not limited to Australian Securities & Investment Commission
Over the following years, Paddy hopes to continue to develop these skills through his engagement with clients. Once he graduates from University, Paddy plans to start the Chartered Accounting program through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand.
You can e-mail Paddy on firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0431 901 486.